The lovely Ayo nominated me for “The Versatile Blogger Award” and I’m thrilled! I think blog awards are a great way of showing appreciation and love to bloggers. To be nominated for this award, there are several factors considered including blog content, design, and audience engagement. Once nominated, there are specific rules that need to be followed.
The Rules of The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you have recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award (you might include a link to VBA site.)
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Let’s get right into it then!
1. Muchas gracias Ayo for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award!!! I’m so grateful that I’ve met you in “blogville” and I love, love your blog! You’re definitely one of the people I’m excited to meet when I move back to Nigeria next year J
2. If you haven’t already, make sure to check out Ayo’s fabulous blog, www.oneplustheone.com, especially if you’re a single gal. She blogs about God, love, relationships, and life. (She has an amazing series called “Waiting and Loving It” where she interviews young, married couples that chose to remain celibate until marriage; another series called “Married and Loving It”; and a third series called “Conversations with One”)
3. The fantabulous bloggers I’ll be nominating are (I know it's not 15 - sorry! I'll add the remaining 4 later) :
As for my 7 things, here you go Ayo!
1. One of my favorite songs in the world is “Wanted Dead or Alive” by Bon Jovi. “I’m a cowboy. On a steel horse I ride. I’m wanted...wanted! Dead or alive!” When I hear this song, expect madness to ensue. And the craziest part? My anatomy does not qualify me to be a “cowBOY” yet I rock this song like I can totally relate! As far as I’m concerned, I must have been a Caucasian male rock star in my former life lol.
2. I am a true introvert (so if you meet me and start wondering why I’m not talking much, don’t be offended biko! It’s just the way I am. Now if you feed me, not only will you get me talking – you will have me SINGING:) The counter to this is that I can have these funny moments of extroversion that surprise the life out of me at times – one example would be when I’m speaking to a group of young girls or women about living in their God-given purpose and understanding physical insecurities as a distraction from their best lives. In those instances, I’m fired up and you’ll have to force me to shut up.
3. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a detective and a flight stewardess. Yes...both. I loved watching the detective show Colombo and reading mystery novels. As for the stewardess dream, I remember being on planes as a child and feeling so happy when the flight stewardesses would stop by my seat, smile, and ask me what I’d like to eat (goodness, why must everything with me have a link to food :). I remember thinking they looked fabulous in their skirt suits/heels (even though I don’t like wearing heels) and I just knew they had to be the kindest people ever.
4. I love ketchup and will put it on almost anything. Fries, chicken wings, eggs, tuna sandwiches, sausages, etc.
5. I am directionally “challenged”. I once heard a writer say that she was so bad at directions she could even get lost in a library. Well, I’m right behind her. FYI, if you ever enter a car with me driving, don’t be surprised by any “unplanned detours”. And there’ll be no use getting angry or grumbling because I’m warning you beforehand! Lol
6. I love making lists. Grocery lists, to-do lists, annual goals lists, books-to-buy lists, favorite quotes lists, you name it.
7. I don’t believe in coincidences. I believe every outcome (big or small) is an effect of a specific cause (big or small).
And that's my 7, Ayo! I hope you (and the rest of my lovely readers) enjoyed it.
Until the next post loves :)