- I love Wheat Thins...they are about the only whole grain snacks I can think of that I love.
- I really think different brands of water taste different from each other. Some people say all water is the same and has no taste but I can definitely taste the difference between Kentwood and Dasani and pick Kentwood everytime...Dasani is ugh.
- I don't like grocery shopping...at all. I love to eat but I don't want to get up and buy the food? Where do they do that one? Smh.
- I've never ridden a bicycle before...shocking right? Especially since we actually had them in our home growing up but just never rode them lol
- Isn't Shazam just the best app ever? One second I hear a song I like on the radio, totally clueless as to the name of it or the artist who sang it, and the next second I've clicked on my Shazam icon on my phone and gbam! Name of song + name of artist pop right up on the screen, just like that.
- I don't understand how some people don't rinse their mouths with water after brushing their teeth...instead you just go around with leftover toothpaste in your mouth? I don't get it y'all.
- I can read or watch interviews on filmmakers (writers/directors/actors) pretty much all day...considering I want to be one that isn't so weird right?
- A few days ago I was at work with my sister Nikki and I heard her give a compliment to a woman passing by about either her outfit or her shoes. The surprise and undeniable gratitude in the woman's voice as she thanked my sister almost took me aback...it was palpable. Give more compliments lovelies, it really brightens up peoples days.
- "The disturbers of happiness are our desires, our griefs, and our fears." - Samuel Johnson. Agreed! So many times we choose not to be happy because we have too many insatiable desires that can not all be met or we are holding on to pain from our past or because we are too afraid of our future to take necessary, productive action in our lives. Don't get consumed by this life peeps...try to hold on to happiness at all times as best as you can.
- My song of the week is "Umqombothi" by South African singer Yvonne Chaka Chaka. "I work hard every day...to make my beer, Umqombothi. Wake up early every morning...to please my people with African beer, Umqombothi." Now the lyrics may sound a little bit funny since it's seemingly about beer but I assure you once you hear this song you will most likely add it to your playlist. It has such an uplifting and powerful melody to it, like many South African songs I love, and you will probably be dancing within the first few seconds of listening to it. It was also featured in the movie Hotel Rwanda, which I am yet to watch (not for long!).
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
It Might Just Be Me But...
It's Wednesday Randoms Day lovelies! I hope you're all having a mostly happy, productive week. I'm back again with some more personal, juicy nuggets for you. Enjoy!