- I don't like feeling sick...yuck! The fever, cough, sniffles, the whole nasty shebang.
- I watched the TLC biopic on Monday and I think the girls (Keke Palmer, Lil Mama, Drew Sidora) did a really good job. I'm always intrigued by the stories behind the musician (s) we see performing on stage full of energy and charisma. It reminded me of another amazing biopic that I loved so deeply, the 1992 mini-series The Jacksons: An American Dream. Gosh, that was a great one!
- My quote of the week: "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." - The Dalai Lama. Compassion is the understanding or empathy for others. I 100% agree that we need compassion in our lives to be happy. I mean, if we don't have compassion for one another and the ability to forgive when we wrong each other, then what makes us different from animals? Like kindness, compassion begets compassion. The more compassionate you are to others the more others will be compassionate towards you. I've made it my personal mission to become more compassionate, which isn't always easy but I believe well worth it.
- I've been attending a weekly screenwriting meetup on Saturdays and I LOVE it!!! Being around people that are as obsessed with storytelling as I am, learning from them and sharing our personal work with each other for constructive feedback, it's the best!
- I am terrible with checking my voice mail. Honestly, you might leave me a voice mail today and I probably won't check it 'til at least a week later! Smh.
- I dream of food...I mean I seriously dream of being in countries and continents I haven't visited, sitting down in swanky restaurants, eating their delicious food. Is that gluttonous or what? Smh.
- I might be the only gal on the planet without an Instagram account. Don't shoot! I'm just not that into photos and selfies and the sort...maybe one day.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
It Happened Again
I did it again lovelies. I let another Wednesday pass without posting my randoms...shame on me! In all fairness I was feeling pretty unwell yesterday, still am actually, and I just wasn't up for blogging. I couldn't let another day pass though so I am here with my randoms for the week...I hope you enjoy 'em.