- "Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." I was reminded of this famous quote by Mark Twain earlier this week and it made me smile. That is exactly what forgiveness is; a sweet and lovely gift that holds great healing power. It is not a sign of weakness or defeat as we make it seem sometimes. If you are holding bitterness or resentment towards someone, forgive and let it go; no matter what it is. Don't let someone else' actions weigh your spirit down; it's not worth the cost of your peace.
- I don't like anyone holding my hands. Guys, gals, lovers, friends, I just don't like it. It makes me uncomfortable. Might sound silly but I like feeling in total control of my body and knowing that my hands are free at all times. Am I the only weirdo when it comes to this one ladies?
- My song of the week is "Dancing With Myself" by Billy Idol. "Oh dancing with myself! Oh dancing with myself! Well there's nothing to lose and there's nothing to prove. I'll be dancing with myself, oh!" I am so in love with this upbeat, punk rock song. I remember first hearing it in the 80's movie, "Can't Buy Me Love." Once I heard it I could feel the blood pumping inside of me and I was on my feet dancing within seconds. It still has the same magical effect on me today.
- I don't like it when people sneeze in public and don't wash their hands. Ahh! Please folks, wash those germs off your hands with water AND SOAP before you touch anything that the rest of us around you might touch. Or at the very least carry some hand sanitizer with you for such an occasion. I'm all about good hygiene practices.
- If one more Nigerian asks me when I will finally marry heads will roll o! Just kidding, but honestly e don do. Naija folks have a tendency to pressurize people into doing things based on their expectations; I don't operate out of pressure. My motto is simple; what will be will be, when it will be, so let it be!
- I just found out that Charlie Hunnam has been chosen to play the lead role of Christian Grey in the film adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" and I am ecstatic! I read the book but I am more excited about seeing Charlie in the role because he is already fantastic as the lead character Jax in one of my favorite television shows, Sons of Anarchy.
- One of my favorite scents has got to be Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I first got a whiff of it at a gift & jewelry show a few months back and it definitely got my attention. It's very light and feminine with floral notes that are absolutely delicious. The bottle also comes with the cutest flower-inspired cap ever. I'll have to invest in a bottle after I'm done with my current perfumes.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Technically Thursday Randoms
Ah! I missed getting the post in on Wednesday by about two hours! Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again lovelies, "better late than never." Anyhow, here are my randoms for the week. I hope you enjoy:)