- I have decided to cut out sugary treats for now (cakes, pies, brownies, etc)...maybe for about two months or so and then re-introduce them very slowly back into my eating patterns. My cheeks are growing a life of their own and it's time they get tamed!
- I don't like noise...yelling, unnecessary bickering, extra-loud conversations. It is such a turn-off for me and I really don't like it when I let myself get caught up in noisy activities.
- My song of the week is "Beneath Your Beautiful" by Labrinth featuring Emeli Sande. "Would you let me see beneath your beautiful? Would you let me see beneath your perfect? Take it off now, girl, take it off now, girl, I wanna see inside. Would you let me see beneath your beautiful tonight?" They killed this song! The melody, the lyrics, everything. If you haven't heard it yet, you better go on 'head and YouTube it.
- My quote of the week is "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln. I couldn't agree more. Just like I don't believe you "fall in love," I also don't believe any specific occurrence or lifestyle can produce happiness for you. At every point in your life, no matter what you have or don't have, you're the one with the power to CHOOSE to be happy.
- The idea of "open marriages" or "pregnancy passes" are just funny to me. The fact that some people think these can actually help a relationship or won't have negative repercussions later on in the relationship baffles the life out of me.
- Just because you're done with school doesn't mean you should ever feel like you're done with learning. I'm reminded of this more and more each day. If you want to be great at your craft, you have to form the habit of learning and re-learning new, pertinent information about it throughout your life. It can be through books, videos, audio tapes, workshops, whatever...just as long as you continuously sharpen your mental tools to stay afloat in your field.
- I thank God I can't read minds. I know people always say they wish they were mind-readers but they couldn't possibly mean that. Look at all the arguments, misunderstandings and fights people get into over the things we say...not to mention all the feelings that get hurt. Can you imagine the chaos if we knew what each person was thinking 100% of the time?
- Again I must comment on all the ladies that ask for advice from people knowing that they have no real intention of utilizing it...or even considering it sef. Tell the truth now...stop saying "I need your advice about this decision I'm about to make" and start saying "I want you to hear me talk and I want you to agree 100% with all of my decisions."
- I really think children these days are more insensitive and cruel towards one another than ever before. I tutor middle school kids regularly and some of the vicious things I hear them say (sometimes to me!) or see them text to each other just appalls me!
- I must have been a chef in one of my past lives...that is the only reasonable explanation I can come up with for my scary obsession with food, lol.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
It Might Just Be Me But...
Happy Wednesday Randoms Day lovelies! You know I've got some more random goodness lined up just for you. Read and enjoy:)