- I think self-esteem is directly related to the awareness of purpose. You have to really understand the significance of your existence and how you are meant to impact your world to have a true sense of self-worth. So many people battle low self-esteem because so many people wander around lost and purposeless looking for significance in meaningless things like looks or money.
- My song of the week is "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood. "Bring me a higher love! Bring me a higher love, oh! Bring me a higher love! Where's that higher love, I keep thinking of?" One of the most beautiful, uplifting songs ever. An oldie and definitely a goodie. If you don't know this song, you better go ask somebody!
- I believe you can be in love with two people at the same time because I believe in soul-mates, emphasis on the 's' at the end. I believe we can have more than one soul-mate; you might meet just one in your lifetime, or more than one, or none.
- I finally got the book "Americanah" so I can read it for myself and see what the deal really is.
- I have had malaria twice...or thrice maybe. I can't exactly remember, it was all so long ago in my youngin' days. I remember wanting to gag each time I took one of the Quinine drugs (Chloroquine or Nivaquine); I totally thought it was a form of child torture to be forced to take that stuff.
- I don't like clutter...I don't like clutter...I DON'T LIKE CLUTTER! I think I've made my point, lol.
- I am itching to get some ankara outfits made for myself. I see all the latest styles on online Naija blogs and they are just fabulous!
- I am consciously cutting down on being anxious/worrying in my life. I know it can't be helped sometimes but I don't ever want to allow worry to consume my entire being. It is definitely not of God and every time I worry I take it as a sign that my faith/trust in God needs to grow even stronger.
- I am working on several short film scripts and other writing projects. I love starting a story and seeing how the characters lead me to the end. I have joined my first filmmakers and screenwriters local meetup group; I can't wait to start collaborating with other writers/filmmakers and getting our stories filmed!
- I've come to the conclusion that when people ask for your advice they aren't really asking for your advice. More often than not they are just looking for you to agree with the way they see a person/situation or with a decision they are about to make. Please, I would rather you don't ask me for the advice then...I'm not one for talking just for talking sake.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
It Might Just Be Me But...
Happy Wednesday Randoms day peeps! Happy last week of August too. Time is really running away, the year is almost over! I hope you guys have been having a pretty happy Summer overall and are ready for the Fall season. And I also hope you've been enjoying reading my randoms because I have definitely enjoyed sharing them with you all. Here are some more randoms just for you:)