- I am so very thankful for the blessings God has graced me with - my renewed faith, my family, my writing, my purpose, etc. I know I mention this in most of my randoms but I can't help but say thank you!
- I don't like when I hear people use the words "Affect" and "Effect" incorrectly. "It's important that we affect change." Incorrect. "It's important that we effect change." Correct. "Your words don't effect me." No. "Your words don't affect me." Yes! I know I might be annoying y'all by continuously picking these grammar errors out but I can't help it! Sorry folks lol
- I don't think as ladies we give each other compliments enough. It's like we're stingy with them. Relax chicas. It's ok to tell someone their outfit is whipping if it looks good!
- I was so upset to hear that actor James Gandolfini died. I watched him on an episode of Inside the Actors Studio and he seemed like a genuinely nice, sensitive, and compassionate guy. May his soul R.I.P.
- I find it funny when you meet a guy and he leads the conversation with his resume. It's like he can't rest unless he knows you understand his "high class" status. Lol...abeg guy, relax. Not all ladies are looking for your status/pocket, smh.
- I think the Kimye baby name, North West, is pretty cute and original. I'm for it.
- Whenever I am around a person that smokes I have to fight the urge to grab the cigarette from their mouths and throw it in the trash. It is just sooo bad for your health! Not to mention that second-hand smoke is just as deadly as first-hand smoke.
- I pray that the best outcome happens for Nelson Mandela. I've read in the news that he's in critical condition in a South African hospital. The man is a living legend and I am proud to exist during his time.
- I got to see Morris Chestnut at the Essence Music Fest this past weekend! I've got a serious case of chocolate fever now lol
- I pretty much love all Jamaican food. Curry goat, Curry Oxtails, Jerk Chicken, Jerk goat, jerk everything! Yum yum.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
It Might Just Be Me But...
Happy Wednesday lovelies!!! I hope you all had a great weekend and are having a fab week so far. I apologize for missing last week's Wednesday randoms. The week was a tad bit hectic and I let it slip my mind. I'll do my best to make sure that doesn't happen again. Anyways I'm back for this week's random nuggets and I hope y'all enjoy them:)