- I love being able to cook for my family. I may not always be in the mood to be in the kitchen but it's always worth it to see them afterwards happily eating and enjoying the delicious meals:)...yes they are delicious...allow me to toast myself jo!
- I don't like when a guy sees me outside on the street struggling with multiple bags or boxes and doesn't offer assistance. Even worse when they offer no help yet try to holla! It grinds my gears small...where I'm from guy suppose help girl if he sees she dey struggle, na wa o smh.
- I don't like when people shove into me in a crowded place and don't say excuse me. They are two simple and considerate words; abeg learn to use them.
- I don't like when I'm in a hurry and in line at the bank and the person in front of me decides to spend yearssssssss talking and laughing with the teller...ahhhhhh...please talk to them later, I have to go!
- I don't like too much public display of affection (PDA). All that swallowing of face and hands-in-the-back-pocket action can honestly be frustrating. I did not say you should not love your partner, but must all of us be witness to a show we did not pay for? And then in Church! For those kissing each other every few minutes or massaging each others necks and the sort...biko, service is an hour - an hour and a half at best - you can wait 'til after my dears.
- I've realized that I need to become more social. Most people who see me would think I'm pretty social already but honestly I am such an introvert and am so much more comfortable being by myself reading a book or writing stories. I have to develop better social skills though because I need to start networking much more for lucrative opportunities in my field.
- I believe to be truly happy and successful you must be willing to be vulnerable. Being open about your imperfections and insecurities helps you overcome your fear of other peoples expectations and allows you to fully love and embrace yourself. I continue working on this one and making it a priority because as a Nigerian I've been told that vulnerability is somehow synonymous with weakness...so not true!
- I believe in miracles! Yes, yes, yes! I have noticed an influx of miracles in my life and I know it's because I am more open and stronger in my faith than I have been before. Life ain't perfect and I don't have everything I want...but I can tell you that the more I believe and the more generous I am, the quicker I am receiving blessings!
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
It Might Just Be Me But...
Hola chicos and chicas! It's mid-week, Wednesday, and of course you know I have another set of randoms just for you. So read, comment, and tell me what you're thinking!!:))